3rd day away. Welcome to Moab

Up early after a late night of firepit with fireball. Caffee was first to be prepared. Then the huge community meal began. Eggs, onions and bellpeppers. Steak and bacon. Fruit, tortillas and hash browns. What a feast. Theres nothing quite like sharing a meal in the wilderness.  We were in no rush to call the day done.. so we packed up camp and headed for the River. Hello You Big Beautiful Murky Colorado River!! From the the river we hiked up into some of the Canyons. Found a great spot to chill hard. It took some dark clouds rolling in to get us to head back to the cars. Nobody needs a flash flood shower. So it was back to Moab. We said our good byes.. which is always tough. But they have there next camp to go to in Page, while I have mine here in Moab. So after some hugs and fair the wells.. I was off to the Lazy Lizard Hostel . No beds available but camping outside was wide open. I don't mind the possibility of rain.. so I bought a small blue tarp at the hardware store and pitched my new blue tarp in back of the Hostel. This will be my home for the next few days. My base camp before the Hayduke. Moab!

No comments:

Post a Comment