2nd day away and starting towards the Hayduke

As much as I wanted to make it all the way to Moab on a Bike. There comes a time when you find yourself over extended. The wind had took its toll and my legs had turned to pudding. While huddling in a School Bus Stop. This car pulls up and a guys says, hey hows it going? I look up from the caterpillar I was observing to see John.  John and I had met the day prior while I was buying the bike. He said he would be driving buy and I told him to give me a double honk. Instead of a honk he gave me a ride. I was ready to be off the bike.. Im a Hiker. Not a Biker and im okay with that. So we were on our way to Moab the easy way. After a quick stop at Sonic and Monument Valley, with about 3 hours of driving under our belts. we were pulling into town. John was on his way to meet his family for a camping trip along the Colorado River. I was going to get a bed at the Lazy Lizord Hostel but didnt have a bed yet. So john invited me to come join his family camping trip. His Uncle was turning 50 today and he still invited me along. So I agreed.  And im so glad I did. I got to spend the evening celebrating life and swappimg stories. To start a day one way and have it end in a way you couldn't even of imagend. . Thats how today has been in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment